With steady economic expansion and a more challenging political environment postelection, it’s more important than ever for ABC to help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities where we live and work.
In 2019, ABC National will focus on four strategic goals to fulfill the promise we have made to our members. We will:
- Increase the value of STEP to grow participation and make ABC members the benchmark for safety in construction.
- Pass merit shop priorities in statehouses and Congress through increased member political engagement and advocacy campaigns.
- Expand work-based learning, continuing education and re-skilling programs to enhance opportunities for 500,000 construction professionals in the next five years.
- Strengthen the ABC brand to continue growing membership and market share.
Over the long term, ABC National has aggressive but attainable goals for the entire organization:
- ABC contractor members are the benchmark for health and safety in the construction industry, 200 percent safer than the industry average by 2023.
- Increase the political influence of ABC by enacting government neutrality in contracting in 28 states and the federal government by 2020.
- Be the leading force in construction for careers and workforce development by 2020.
- Attain a 90 percent retention rate and add 3,000 members per year by attracting and delivering value to a diverse, committed, and engaged membership.
The future of ABCWV is focused on providing innovators in our industry with the resources to revolutionize the industry from the inside out. Founded by renegades who insisted on doing business without the constraints of unions, for decades we have fought for our members’ right to work.
How do we do this? The construction industry is the only industry with the power to build communities. ABCWV will be the hub for delivering value to your community by:
- Harnessing data to become more responsive to members’ and constituents’ needs,
- Engaging new and different audiences on a global scale,
- Revolutionizing how our members communicate with one another,
- Becoming agile, flexible, and taking risks,
- Becoming the hub for content and resources for the industry that you serve,
- Engaging a diverse, distributed, and expandable workforce,
- Considering project-based resources, and
- Embarking on new partnerships to create collaborative innovation.
The organization focuses its energy on providing construction firms with a host of membership benefits, including legislative advocacy, management education, safety training, and business development through networking at chapter events. Members can “meet and greet” at chapter functions.
With all its activities, ABC creates a solid base for high-quality construction companies in West Virginia. Its efforts enhance the character of our community and add to the health of our economy.